Best Ivr Systems for Business
What is Ivr Systems
IVR, also known as Interactive Voice Response, is a phone system that blends pre-recorded messages or text-to-speech technology with a dual-tone multi-frequency (DTMF) interface to communicate with customers, allowing users to access and provide information without having a live person.
When the IVR system is unable to retrieve the information the customer is searching for, The menus programmed will assist in routing customers to the right representative for assistance. By integrating telephony and computer technology, IVR software can improve the flow of calls and decrease the wait time, which results in better general customer satisfaction.
Moviefone was among the most well-known and popular use cases of IVR technology in the 1990s. Since the internet was not as readily accessible back then as it is today, people who wanted to watch movies would dial in and enter their zip code to receive the list of movie theatres close to them, along with the respective films and times of the show.
Although Moviefone may be a technology from the past, its core technology is still being used predominantly within call centres to offer customer support and reduce the number of calls for agents for customer service.
Nowadays, IVR software is also developing. The advancement of natural processing of language technology has expanded the number of methods callers can connect to computers over the phone. Instead of using a touch-tone system, more sophisticated IVR software lets callers speak their requirements on the phone. The IVR system can comprehend and respond to queries in real-time thanks to voice recognition.
IVR systems can enhance customers’ experience by providing them with a self-service option to find the information they require without the help of customer service. They also decrease the volume of calls to contact centres, which reduces waiting times and costs for companies.
Top 10 Best Ivr Systems
The Top Ten IVRs for 2023 (Interactive Voice Response) Systems The IVR system is Interactive voice response (IVR)systems are created to simplify the operation of an inbound call centre. An IVR is essentially an agent for the front desk. Made up of telephony devices, IVR lets callers easily complete their tasks via the phone.
To receive a call and then answer it or forward it to the appropriate agent is among the roles in an IVR. It could respond using the use of a keypad that is numerical or by voice response. An IVR app has these capabilities, which allow access to pertinent data and voice responses that have been recorded and the ability to record voice messages.
By integrating computer telephony with IVR, an IVR application can forward calls to a person, instantly viewing information associated with the caller on an easy-to-read display. Contact centres consider IVR a useful tool for identifying the different customers and callers.
what is the purpose of an Ivr
Typically, IVRs are used by firms and contact centres to direct calls according to the customer’s preferences. By making these choices, it can decide if the caller wants to reach the billing or technical support department or wants to speak to a live operator.
It can also send updates, promotions or other crucial information and instructions. One way to do this is by advising customers that the system will record calls and ask them if they wish to continue.
How do IVRs work?
The past was when IVR technology could be a very difficult process to establish. The requirements are costly; however, putting them together took some work. In reality, IVRs of the past required the following to be in place before their use:
- IVR software. It is distinct from the primary communication platform (on-premise and cloud-based phones) and requires its equipment to function. It requires a phone system (PSTN or VoIP system for phone calls),
- A database (to collect data from)
- The infrastructure that supports it includes several servers.
Top 10 Best Ivr Systems In 2023
1. Twilio Flex
Twilio Flex is a fully programmed cloud-based contact centre platform which gives companies total control over their contact centre’s experience. With Twilio Flex, companies can implement an omnichannel platform for contact centres and tailor every aspect of the user experience, including the interface of the agent communications channels, interactions routing, and reporting to meet the company’s individual requirements.
Some of the key features include voicemail calling backs, call waiting, outbound dialling cold and warm transfers calling backs from answering machines, callbacks for internal data chat, flags for assistance in the routing configuration and alerts call recording, marketplace Analytics, Desktop analytics report, conversation player Workforce optimization (WFO) and customizable historical reports.
- Team View The status and activity of up to 200 agents in real-time. Watch live conversations, follow the status of conversations, and look up the individual task details.
- Twilio Studio: A visual editor that lets you build applications that require no code. It has widgets that allow you to respond to incoming calls by carrying out tasks such as recording information, sending a text message or directing the user to a different flow.
- Key performance indicators (KPI) dashboards track how your key performance indicators fluctuate over time and then compare them with previous times. You can also create alerts and notifications whenever the key performance indicator (KPI) is at its threshold.
- A.U.H.(Active User Hour): One dollar per User, active hour
- Named User: $150 per named User per month
- Trial for free: 5,000 free active user hours
All plans come with drag-and-drop reports, attributes-based routing, visual workflow tools, and the ability to track performance.
2. Nextiva: Great for Team Collaboration and Customer Engagement
Nextiva is a cloud-based, voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP) service that focuses on team collaboration and customer engagement. The work hub application integrates all communication channels in one location and team collaboration tools such as task management. It allows users to manage conversations with customers and their teams through the same interface without switching between applications or tabs.
Nextiva provides an upgraded IVR service integrated with speech recognition features, like voice commands, biometrics for voice, and text-to-speech. These tools help improve call routing efficiency and customer experience and speed up processes.
Additionally, it allows you to create virtual agents that can autonomously handle repetitive and routine telephone transactions.
However, artificial intelligence (AI) products are restricted to conversational AI and workflow automation. In addition, you need to request a custom price or sign up for its call centre system to gain access to these features. To improve workflows, businesses looking to benefit from AI should look into Genesys Cloud. Automated features include chatbots, predictive routing, as well as pre-programmed engagement.
- Anonymous call refusal: Prevent callers from reaching your company when they have blocked their contact number. You can also block calls from people who have declared their identity.
- Conversational AI enables users to explain the reason for their call instead of listening to an endless list of choices. Nextiva uses machine learning to learn about the various ways callers request information.
- Threaded conversation: A work hub feature that gives you a single overview of all your interactions, regardless of your communication method.
Nextiva Prices Monthly (per user)
- Essential: $30.95 for unlimited domestic calling, 1500 minutes toll-free one local or toll-free phone number, auto-attendant with unlimited internet fax calls history and call logs transcription of voicemails to call group appearance, shared line appearance, hold music, call groups 250-participant video conferences with a 45-minute time limit, calendar integrations and chat with your team.
- Professional $35.95 to get 3,000 minutes of toll-free service, multi-level auto-attendant, text messaging professionally recorded greeting with 40 audio participants and CRM integrations
- Enterprise $45.95 per 12,500 minutes of toll-free service with professionally recorded greetings, a call recording, and unlimited participants in audio.
3. RingCentral: Best for Its Wide IVR Menu Options
RingCentral offers an IVR with multi-level capabilities that let you build as many as 250 menus on each account, which includes submenus. It is possible to create a multi-level experience for customers that offers the option of various numbers and voice inputs. A visual IVR editor has various options to create IVR prompts, including text-to-speech auto-recording, self-recording, and importing files using professional recordings.
Compared to other providers on our list, RingCentral stands out as one of the least expensive because users do not have to upgrade or buy an online contact centre to access the IVR system. For a monthly fee of $37.99 per user, the RingCentral MVP Standard package comes with an IVR with multiple levels, strong call management tools, and third-party application integrations.
Although RingCentral is often highly praised for its features, most of its features are not available in the more advanced packages. If you are looking for a low-cost telephone system for business with basic VoIP capabilities and integrated communications, look into 8×8. Its plan offers basic communications features, like an auto-attendant feature video meeting, team messages, and audio conferencing.
- Directory Listing: Boosts your company’s visibility by putting your business details in national and local directories. Your company’s name will be listed as local listings when people in your local area search for the business category you have chosen.
- Global MVPRingCentral has global telephone services that help businesses grow internationally. It offers local and toll-free numbers for more than 100 countries, cost-effective international plans for calling, and the ability to localize voice commands.
- Call forwarding Forward calls that are received to all or any available devices regardless of area or the department. Utilize custom answering rules to route calls according to specific parameters, like caller ID, time of day, or week.
RingCentral Prices Monthly (per user)
- The Essentials is $29.99 per local or toll-free numberUnlimited domestic calls, visual voicemail, business SMS chat with team members’ mobile app, and call log reports.
- Standard $37.99 to get 1,000 minutes of toll-free service Call management tools, multilevel auto-attendant with 100 video users, unlimited internet and faxing, unlimited audio calls and workplace integrations
- Premium: $44.99 for 2,500 minutes toll-free, hotdesking, multisite management advanced call handling real-time analytics, as well as CRM integrations
- Ultimate $59.99 per year for unlimited cloud storage devices, status reports on the device, and notifications
- Trial for free:14 days
4. Genesys Cloud: Best for Voice Recognition and Automation
Genesys Cloud is an interactive voice response provider that utilizes AI-powered virtual assistants interacting with customers. Voice bots have naturally-language understanding (NLU) to be able to recognize the preferences of customers as well as their needs. It also works with recognition engines such as Nuance or Google Contact Center AI to recognize complete phrases and increase the accuracy of your voice.
To provide a more customized service experience, Genesys Cloud provides a visual IVR, an on-demand application that works in conjunction with voice interactions. For instance, when clients dial your call centre and select an option to self-service, they’ll be sent an SMS to access the on-demand application. With customized menus, the visual IVR can determine the reason for the call and show the services directly on their screen.
To allow team collaboration, Users must purchase the unified communications add-on that costs just $10 for each user. This will result in extra costs in addition to the contact centre service you already have. 8×8 is better since it incorporates unified communications capabilities with contact centre tools on one platform.
Genesys Cloud Features
- Digital Bot Flows: Create bots using a natural language understanding (NLU) engine to process and interpret information supplied by the customer. After that, you can integrate it into your chat, call and message flow.
- Architecture: A drag-and-drop web-based design tool for building and configuring call flows. It utilizes logic or menus to generate menu options for the caller, take messages automatically and then route calls according to the caller’s preference.
- Predictive Engagement: an AI-powered tool to engage customers that studies the behaviour of visitors to websites, predicts what they are trying to accomplish, and customizes their Engagement to assist them in achieving the desired results.
Genesys Cloud Monthly Pricing (per User)
- Genesys Cloud CX:$75 for speech-enabled IVR Voicebots, voicemail, calls back, inbound call routing campaign for voice outbound with voice, outbound/inbound mixing and unified communications, interaction recording, historical reporting performance dashboards and historic and real-time views.
- Genesys Cloud Cloud: $100 for chatbots Unlimited email and chat routing, messaging apps, SMS online messaging and digital outbound marketing campaigns and screen recording
- Genesys Cloud CX3 $150 to co-browse screen sharing and workforce management engagement and performance of employees Speech and text analytics
- Genesys DX: Contact sales for a custom plan
- Trial for free:30 days
5. 8×8: The Best Standard Platform for Contact Center & Business Communications
8×8 is a unified communications platform and can be scaled to become a fully-featured contact centre. 8×8’s X Series plans are divided into five subscription plans that cater to various business communications requirements. For instance, the X6 plan combines telephony features, team collaboration tools, and contact centre-specific functionality to facilitate voice-based interaction. In addition, the X8 plan is specifically designed for the multichannel contact centre.
8×8 provides two kinds of IVR options: basic IVR and intelligent IVR. Basic IVR is included in every contact centre licence. It’s a fully integrated system with advanced reporting capabilities, CRM integrations, and experience analytics. In contrast, the intelligent IVR feature is an additional feature that uses neural language processing (NLP) along with auto-speech recognition (ASR) for data collection and identifying issues with customer journeys.
8×8 is a costly option If you’re looking to purchase outbound software for contact centres. Auto-dialers are locked to the highest plan level, $140 per month per user. A less expensive alternative is CloudTalk which offers outbound call centre marketing on its Expert plan, which costs $50 per user monthly and is billed annually.
- Agent workspace has a very intuitive and user-friendly interface. It gives easy access to collaboration tools to assist agents in communicating effectively with their colleagues. It also helps streamline customer interactions for more rapid resolutions.
- Co-browsing enables customer service agents to support customers remotely via a shared browser. A co-browsing session can be integrated with live chats or a call.
- Digital channels technology for interaction lets contact centres communicate with customers using their preferred channel. Contact customers via chat, SMS, email, social media, or messaging apps.
8.x8 monthly pricing (per user)
- Express $5 for five users. Unlimited domestic calls auto-attendant, music on hold team chat and 100 audio/video users
- X2 $29 for unlimited usage Unlimited international calls, hotdesking multi-level auto-attendant, call processing and queues for calls Voicemail transcription, presence detection 500 video participants Call activity analytics, speech analytics cloud storage of 30 days and unlimited internet call and fax
- X4 For $57, you can make unlimited international calls. Supervisory analytics with cloud storage for up to 130 days
- an X6$85 to cover agent workspace and omnichannel routing, as well as post-call survey, skills-based routing
- with X7.$110 per co-browsing as well as social media channels
- X8$140 to include quality control and auto dialer
- A free trial of30 jours (Express Plan only)
6. CloudTalk: The best choice For Outbound Campaigns
CloudTalk CloudTalk is a call centre application that assists sales teams with outside bound calling campaigns. For instance, the predictive dialer can eliminate the requirement to dial numbers manually by automatically dialling numbers from your contact list for specific campaigns. It also offers international numbers for over 160 countries, allowing you to make calls to other countries without having to pay expensive charges for international calls.
Like the other providers on the list below, CloudTalk has a call flow designer that allows you to design different branches for the IVR menus that specifically address your customers’ needs. CloudTalk’s unique feature — the outbound IVR system that allows agents to actively communicate information to various platforms using SMS, email, social media, and automatic voice messages.
CloudTalk can only support text and voice channels as part of its call centre service. You should consider the Twilio service if you want to create additional channels for your call centre. This service lets you create customized channels in minutes using powerful APIs. The platform offers an array of communication channels like video, email screen sharing, fax and social media.
- The internal number of the tag is: If your company uses many numbering systems, CloudTalk lets you assign a unique label for each number so that your employees will know which number the customer dialled before taking the call.
- The preferred agentPick an agent you prefer for every customer so that the client’s calls are always directed to an individual agent or agent group. This lets your customers be consistent with the same agent or group of people.
- Dashboard in real-time: Monitor your contact centre’s important metrics like the number of active calls, agent status, and average waiting time. It can also let you change your business hours and simplify automated call distribution.
CloudTalk Prices Monthly (per user)
- Beginning: $25 for one local number, unlimited calls inbound mobile application with automated call distribution, international voicemail numbers for over 160 countries, calling recording numbers porting call flow designer rings groups, and call statistics.
- Essential: $30 for custom greetings including conference calls, SMS, call blocking, caller-based routing IVR, routing based on skills, the ability to call back and workflow automatization and advanced analytics
- Specialist: $50 for auto-dialer calls, call monitoring of the VIP queue, integration with CRM wallboard, and unlimited simultaneous calls.
- Customized: Contact sales for customized onboarding with unlimited outbound calls, developers’ support, security at an enterprise level and custom-designed reporting
- A free trial of HTML0:14 days
LiveAgent provides an internet-based Help Desk solution for e-commerce companies in mid-sized and small sizes. The platform provides live chat applications, ticket management, self-service online portals, and the management of licenses and changes and management, which can be used as in-suite or standalone apps.
LiveAgent offers a range of more extensive client relation management (CRM) applications, including sales force automation and marketing, as well as a wide range of third-party software firms. It’s a custom-built system that scales when small companies expand their customer base and online services. The software offers an automated ticket management system that includes the complete message stream from chat and emails, calls or messages from other communication channels between the support and customer of the company.
LiveAgent For Startups The Startup program is free for the initial six months for those who apply. This is a unique opportunity for startups to access the market’s most effective customer support software with no upfront cost.
After the initial six months, startup companies can continue to use LiveAgent at a lower cost. LiveAgent can be purchased as online-based (cloud) software and on-premise versions. Cloud options are priced per user based on several agents, while the on-premise options utilize the upfront pricing model based on the number of agents. Start by registering for a 14-day trial. Trial. No credit card is required, and no commitments.
14-day free trial, no credit card required, no contracts. Subscriber plans are free, $0/agent/month Tickets: $15/month Tickets + Chat Agents: $29/month All-inclusive: $49/month Self-hosted licenses can be downloaded for $11,950 to 20 agents included. Plus, $600 per additional agent. Enterprise: $34,950 – 50+ agents.
- Price of the start: $15.00 per month
- Trial for free: Available
- Free version: Available
8. Voxco IVR
Voxco IVR is an automated voice response system that simplifies the distribution of self-completion survey surveys to a wide population. It can operate using an outbound or inbound or a flexible mixed method. In the survey mode, users can respond to questionnaires anytime using the phone’s touchtone. When they are in the mode of messaging, the IVR system broadcasts messages to users. Voxco has clients across 30+ countries, with offices in the US/Canada, Europe & Australia.
Voxco IVR Features
- SaaS, or on-premise hosting
- Integrated Survey Software -Online CATI, IVR or offline.
- Drag-and-drop survey builder.
- 100+ questions, types of logic, white-labelling, branching, etc.
- A sophisticated statistical analysis.
- Voxco audience.
- 100+ question types
- Drag-and-drop interface
- Skip logic and branching
- Multi-lingual survey
- Text piping
- Question library
9. Amazon Chime
Amazon Chime is a video conference platform that lets organizations host online meetings, change between apps to collaborate, and receive or dial calls using a single interface.
It lets professionals connect with multiple participants and join meetings with members’ identification numbers and Dolby Voice Room. Amazon Chime allows enterprises to design personalized URLs for meetings online and send invitations to participants.
Users can join meetings with just a single click or through Alexa and share screens to show content and keep track of the status of participants on a roster. In addition, users can set up chat rooms to work with other team members, send attachments and monitor the duration of meetings, attendance status, and other information in an online dashboard.
Amazon Chime provides mobile applications for Android and iOS devices that allow professionals to participate in meetings and talk to colleagues. The service is pay-as-you-go pricing and supports expanded through FAQs, documentation and other online tools.
Amazon Chime Pricing
Meetings Basic Meetings: Free Pro: $3 per day per user Business Calling Telephone Numbers 1 cent per number each monthly (US Only) Business calls – inbound $0.002216 per minute inbound (US only)
- Price of the start: $1.00
- Trial for free: Not Available
- Free version: Available
PhoneBurner provides an outbound contact centre system that lets users sign in to their computer and then make calls on the connected phone using admin-provided or imported lead lists.
It provides features which include the power of dialling, lead management, email follow-up, performance management, and analytics. PhoneBurner is PhoneBurner system is TCPA/FCC compatible. Users can keep complete contact records within the CRM built-in and integrate it with Salesforce and other top CRM tools accessible. Other options include:
- Voicemail drop.
- One-touch emails.
- Tracking email custom arrangements.
- Recording of calls local ID tracking and LeadStream, an intelligent leads distribution.
PhoneBurner can be scaled to any size group and can be that is controlled from a central administrator portal. Analytics and reporting tools provide live monitoring of current activities and call performance. The cloud-based platform does not require installation or setup charges, or contracts. The service is offered monthly and provides customer support via email and phone.
Free Trial. No credit card is needed. Unlimited dialling starts at $124 per month. Volume discounts are offered for multi-user accounts, with special features specifically designed to help sales departments.
- Price of the start: $124.00 per month
- Trial for free: Available
- Free version: Not Available
What are some typical uses of an IVR system?
The callers are directed to the appropriate department through interactive voice response, or they can get basic details. One of the most popular uses of an IVR device is the ability to redirect calls within an organisation. The past was when you hired an operator or receptionist operator to handle all incoming calls and redirect those calling to the correct extension.
How IVR can improve your customer service?
The IVR menu is long. The complicated navigation and routing confuse callers, causing them to stop the call midway.
There are a lot of calls (especially in the travel industry or IT helpdesks) that can be automated.
You’d like to offer hands-on assistance all the time, without the involvement of Customer Service representatives.
What are the benefits of the IVR system?
The advantages of using an IVR. Companies use the IVR to gain a variety of advantages. But some of the main advantages are listed below. Transfer calls forwarded to the Right Department. A lot of people contact businesses or service providers with various issues. Contact centres and companies employ IVR to redirect calls to appropriate departments.
Can an IVR be hacked?
In other cases, hackers have repeatedly obtained financial information via IVR by using methods like the harvesting of information (guessing Account numbers and PINs)
How much does an IVR system cost?
In 2023, the cost of IVR is contingent on the number of lines you want to make available to customers and whether you want hosting or in-house IVR. A line in-house will cost approximately $1,460. One hosted line is much lower, with an average of $810 for each line. )